4/14/2011

BEDA XIV

(rambling whilst trying to write an essay. Also I'm grounded. woot.)

Leechblock is amazingly awesome for productivity. Seriously, if you have Firefox and have a project or something coming up, GET IT you have no idea how wonderful it is. If you don’t have Firefox and are using Internet Explorer: SWITCH Firefox is amazing. It’s wonderfully beautiful, and intuitive, and amazingly third-party-developer friendly. Chrome is fine with me, but I dunno if there’s an equivalent feature on there.


Need music? I have one answer for you (okay well a couple but whatevs). Driftless Pony Club. Yeah, Quintessential indie band name, but seriously they’re amazingly awesome, in the truest sense of both of those words. Also Passion Pit. Just go buy Manners on iTunes. And get the Deluxe version, because they’ve got two of the tracks stripped of the electronic wonder and it’s still just as good if not better. Moth’s wings, free of editing, has such feeling put into it, just, awesome. And then buy the TRON soundtrack, because Daft Punk did an amazing job and did an awesome job on all the tracks, and all the tracks are not Derezzed. Son of Flynn is nice, clean, and lovely; and Fall’s got an amazing beat and bass and it’s just perfect for so many things.

GAH I love music.

I wonder how many people know that. I don’t really show it much, but I am in love with tonality and beat and musical artistry and harmonies and lyrics SO MUCH. I am a general music fangirl. And probably a bit of an elitist cuz I hate rap and hip-hop and stuff. I mean, if it’s on in a swim practice or in someone’s car, I’m fine with that. I’ll just pull a DPC or Passion Pit or something into my mind and listen to that, but I fail to see the appeal. I mean, it’s a drum machine and unartful, trashy synths with either drug, sex, or booze filled lyrics, often all three. I realize the fine line in between techno and electropop and Ke$ha. The difference? Musicality. Techno is very dance-y, but it takes care to be tasteful.

(Also this site: http://8tracks.com/)

1 comment:

Leave me comments do do do do doooooo.